Date of review-15 August 2015
1. The purpose of this website is to give you general information only and not to provide any legal advice or to establish a client- lawyer relationship with the Firm.
2. You will not send us any confidential information unless you have a signed contractual agreement with us that we represent or act for you. If you send an unsolicited email, it may be read by others and not be legally privileged.
3. The information on the website is not a warranty or guarantee of the quality or availability of any services.
4. The Website and the Content are the sole and exclusive property of the Firm and/or its licensors. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Website or the content unless we permit you to do so in writing. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, as between the Firm and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and the Content shall be owned exclusively by the Firm. Use of the Website or the Content in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement is prohibited.
5. Without prejudice to clause 4, you are permitted to print a single copy of the Website and the Content. You agree that you will not remove or modify any acknowledgements, credits or legal notices contained on the Website or in the Content.
6. The only way you will access the website is through a standard web browser on a computer or mobile device.
7. You will not damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of it.
8. If you see a link to another website of a third party from the Website you agree that the Firm provides these links as a convenience only, and use of these sites is entirely at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the control of the Firm, and the Firm is not responsible for the content available on the other sites. Such links do not imply the Firm’s endorsement of information or material on any other site and the Firm disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked Websites.
9. Unauthorized use of any of the Firm’s trademark, service mark or logo are prohibited, and may be a violation of Nigerian, English or Federal American law.
10. The Firm may make changes to the Website and the Content and/or the services described on the Website at any time.
12. DISCLAIMERS/LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY:
(a) use of the website is at your risk. The website and its contents are provided to you on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The firm makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content available through the website and it is up to you to verify any information before relying on it;
(b) The firm makes no representations or warranties that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from the website is free of viruses or other harmful code;
(c) to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Firm disclaims all liability, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and further disclaims all losses, including without limitation indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the website, the content, or the goods offered or sold through the website, even if the firm has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
13. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Firm, and its affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable counsel’s fees, due to or arising out of your use of the Website and/or breach of this Agreement.
14. Copyright. The Website is protected by international copyright laws. Except for your use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the content, design or layout of the Website, or individual sections of the content, design or layout of the Website, without the Firm’s express prior written permission.
a. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out but the remaining provisions shall remain in full force.
d. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this Agreement or the Website must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action shall be barred.
e. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Firm and any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
f. The Firm reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement and/or the rules and regulations set forth on the Website, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular internet address.